To Celebrate or Not to Celebrate…
Allaah tells us:
Allaah tells us:
Group with experience, a group on Flickr.
Q & A
Ruling on joint prayers (Jam’a Qasr) / Etiquette of making supplications
Ruling on joint prayers (Jam’a Qasr)
Q1. We usually travel from Jeddah to Riyadh once every month for official purposes. When should we make our Fard prayer jointly (Jam’a Qasr) for Duhr and Asr? What should we do when we pray in Masjid in congregation? What I have come to know is that you should sit after praying two Rak’ahs, and wait until the Imam sits after praying four Rak’ahs. However, some say that you should pray all four Rak’ahs with the congregation and then you can pray the two Rak’ahs for Asr. Kindly let me know the correct ruling with authentic narrations.
A1. The one in a journey like you from Jeddah to Riyadh has the permission to join and shorten the four Rak’ahs prayers. The Sunnah is to join and shorten the Duhr and Asr prayers, and Maghrib and Isha prayers. When you reach Riyadh you can shorten the four Rak’ah prayers, however, it is recommended to pray every Salah in their prescribed times though joining them is permissible.
If you pray behind the resident Imam then you should follow him and pray the complete Salah without shortening it. This is based on the Hadith that was narrated by Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) who said, the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, “The Imam is appointed to be followed…”
Musa Bin Salamah said, “We were with Ibn Abbas in Makkah and I told him, “When we are with you we pray four Rak’ahs and when we return to our temporary residence we pray two Rak’ahs?’ He answered, “That is the Sunnah.”
So, the sound opinion is that travelers should not shorten their prayers except if they are praying alone or are praying with other travelers.
Etiquette of making supplications
Q2. Is there any etiquette for making Dua’a. What is the ruling behind closing one’s eyes and making Dua’a?
A2. Dua’a (supplication) is an act of worship. It should be directed toward Allah alone. Allah loves those who supplicates to Him and He has promised that He will answer the Dua’a of the one who asks Him for anything he wants. Allah said, “And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright.” (Qur’an, 2: 186)
Closing one’s eyes at the time of Dua’a or Salah is disliked because it is the way of Jews and Christians and we shouldn’t imitate them. Moreover, there is no evidence that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) or his Companions did this when they made Dua’a.
Some etiquettes of making Dua’a are:
1. To be in the state of Taharah (ablution).
2. To face the Qiblah. Umar Bin Al-Khattab (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated, “On the day of Badr, the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) faced the Qiblah, stretched forth his hands and supplicated to Allah.
3. Sincerity towards Allah alone in making Dua’a.
4. Ask of Allah by His most beautiful names. Allah said, “And (all) the Most Beautiful Names belong to Allah, so call on Him by them.”(Qur’an, 7:180)
5. One should start his Dua’a by praising Allah as He deserves it before he/she calls upon Him. The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, “When one of you prays, let him start with praise of Allah, then let him send blessings upon the Prophet (peace be upon him), then let him ask whatever he likes after that.”
6. One should send peace and blessing upon the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) as mentioned above.
8. Raise your hands. Salman (may Allah be pleased with him) said, “The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, “Your Lord, may He be blessed and exalted, is Kind and Most Generous, and He is too kind to let His slave, if he raises his hands to Him, bring them back empty.” (Abu Dawood)
9. One should have a certain degree of faith when supplicating that Allah will respond. Always focus with proper presence of mind as the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, “Call upon Allah when you are certain of a response, and remember that Allah will not answer a Dua’a that comes from a negligent and heedless heart.” (Tirmidhi)
10. Avoid sins that may prevent the answering of your Dua’a. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “The slave will receive a response so long as his Dua’a does not involve sin or severing of family ties, and is not done in haste.”
11. Make sure that your earning is from lawful sources. Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, “Allah, The Almighty is good and accepts only that which is good. Allah has commanded the faithful to do that which he commanded the Messengers. Allah said, “O you messengers! Eat of the good things and do right”. (Qur’an,23:51)And Allah has also said, “O you who believe! Eat of the good things wherewith We have provided you.” (Qur’an, 2:172)
Then he mentioned [the case of] a man, who having traveled far is disheveled and dusty. He spreads out his hands to the sky [saying], “O Lord! O Lord!” — while his food is unlawful, his drink is unlawful, his clothing is unlawful, and his body has been nourished with unlawfull means, so how can his Dua’a be answered!” (Muslim)
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Quraan and Global Charity
By Irshad Mahmood – Global Auliyaa (PRESIDENT), Siraat-al-Mustaqeem Dawah Centre
Differences between Rich and Poor, Healthy and Sick, and Donor and Accepter will always be there for our test. Charities at Individual/Local, National as well as Global level must work as a team to save this planet from Global Poverty, fulfill the commandments of Allah and at the same time get great reward from Allah. Make sure that those who are working for the distribution of Charity must have true love with the humanity and must be a role model for the society (not for high income or any luxury), as an example at present time is Abdul Sitar Edhi (the LEGEND of Pakistan at present time) is one of many, who is sincerely working for the charity without any greediness and is a role model in Pakistan,http://www.edhifoundation.com
It is Global Government’s duty to organize, and get from the Rich and feed to Needy in a balance way, in addition to fixing all related issues which are disturbing Global Stability and also it is individuals duty to pay the charity to the poor (Ref: Al_Quraan_009.058-060). Remember! world has enough to feed but not greed, but few of major issues which had disturbed the Global Stability are interest based system, alcohol, gambling, supply and demand system and raise in salary by small percentage, on which special deep study is needed (Ref: Al_Quraan_002.278-279, 002.219).
If Allah has given you wealth, help the Needy from your wealth.
If Allah has given you good health, sincerely help those who need assistance.
If Allah has given you the strength, sincerely help those who are week.
If Allah has given you good knowledge, sincerely educate others.
Similarly, if one region is rich in minerals, then others could be rich in oil or gas or foods or even manpower etc. Global System must be balanced by sharing all these resources in a balanced way, otherwise more and more disasters may come in the shape of poverty, and innocent people may not have any choice than come to street violently, since they cannot see their infants crying for milks, foods and other basic needs.
Avoid loans, avoid wastes and stop greediness as much as possible keeping in mind “HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH”, to help stabilized the Global World (Ref: Al_Quraan_009.060, 025.063-067).
It is time now to open our eyes and correct ourselves to serve the humanity in the light of Quraan, since the Quraan gives the true guidance to fix the system to save the Humanity in a balanced way (Al_Quraan_002:002).
Allah Never Destroys any Good Nation (Ref: Al_Quraan_011.116-117). Do not turn out people from their homes (Ref: Al_Quraan_002:084). Saving a Life is like Saving the Whole World. (Ref. Al_Quraan_005.032). There is NO Compulsion in Religion. (Ref: Al_Quraan_002:256)
We all need to help as much as we can to build the Global World for the better future for our kids, only then we can hope that our kids will have good fruits of it and will pray for us. Educate yourself including your kids and keep your knowledge up to date according to time, as much as possible without wasting a minute. If you have good knowledge, you must teach others or share with others for free if possible (Ref: Al_Quraan_096.001-005).
If you lend unto Allah a goodly loan, He will multiply it for you and forgive you; and Allah is the Multiplier (of rewards), Forbearing, (Al_Quraan_064.017)
Charities are only for the poor and the needy, and the officials (appointed) over them, and those whose hearts are made to incline (to truth and including those who are confined in the way of Allah) and the (ransoming of) captives and those in debts (including students) and in the way of Allah and the wayfarer; an ordinance from Allah; and Allah is knowing, Wise. (Ref: Al_Quraan_009.060, 002.273)
Repeatedly Relying on the Same Corrupted Person will NOT Change the Fortune of a Nation. Do not even think to re-appoint those who were failed to protect the corruptions in the land.
Read Al-Quraan, the Miracle of Miracles and free from contradictions and errors